Saturday, April 16, 2005

24. Rhythm and Sound. 09:42

My Last Supper of songs, if you will, consisted of M83's "Teen Angst" and "Don't Save Us From the Flames". On second thought, that may have been a mistake because I'm not sure that I'll be hearing anything better than that in the next 24 hours.

And so it begins, still rubbing some of the sleep from my eyes despite the synthtastic blast I just received courtesy of M83. I have no idea what I'm going to do today. I'm amply stocked with food and beer, I'm hoping to get some decent work done, there'll probably be a ballgame or two on TV (the sound will be off, of course), but otherwise, it's just me with my one riddim, fighting the combined effects of alcohol, cabin fever, exhaustion, and possibly boredom, all over the next 24 hours.

I haven't a clue what I'm going to write about. I suppose that's OK, after all, this is a science experiment so the outcome is somewhat undetermined. I suspect that the first four hours will be critical. After that, I'll have a good idea about how trying the following twenty are going to be.

Fifteen minutes in and I haven't even broken a proverbial sweat. Only 1425 more to go.

No comments: