Saturday, April 16, 2005

24. Rhythm and Sound. 11:25

We're entering uncharted territory with this, the third time through the album (I've heard it twice in a row on previous occasions). I'm satiated with it now and ordinarily, I'd be changing to something else.

I know that some people regularly listen to their favourite albums multiple times in a row, or even multiple times in a day. I almost never do either one of these things. I rarely feel the need to hear any album twice. But if Phil Spector could listen to a hi-hat for eight straight hours or however long it was*, then I can listen to "See Mi Yah" for the next 22 hours.

Not to mention how much time R&S must have spent listening to this riddim when recording and mixing the album!!

*I realize that this story may be apocryphal. Leave it be.

No comments: