Sunday, April 17, 2005

24. Rhythm and Sound. 05:00

I don't want to jinx this, but it must be said: I'm coasting here. I've been typing away contently -- and alertly! Spontaneous dancing is back to being fun -- and spontaneous! I'm looking forward to having a 9 AM celebratory beer.

A few hours ago, I was wondering whether I could have done this with any album. That is, after enough repetition of anything, whether it be one two-bar rhythm or a dozen completely different-sounding songs, it'd be sure to turn into the same old endurance contest. However, I suspect that in the latter case, the songs would get increasingly tiresome to hear. But for a minimalist work such as "See Mi Yah", the possibility exists that one could "reclaim" the rhythm, i.e. fall off the wagon and get back on it a few hours later, which is what has happened with me.

No comments: