Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Rhythm and Sound @ The Mod Club

I stayed until the bitter end of Rhythm and Sound's DJ set on Sunday night, at which point approximately five exhausted people were left on the dancefloor. Good thing they slowed things down for the last hour or so. I didn't catch the name of the vocalists working with them, but I believe they were local guys (and they sounded great). Even though a large percentage of the attendees seemed unable or unwilling to dance to 75 BPM dub, most people remained enraptured by the music throughout the set. Although the beginning and end of their set was chilled out, the middle brought more uptempo reggae delights, and from dreadlocked crusties to Georgian opera singers, a good time was had by all.

It all made me want to run out and buy an armful of reggae 7" singles, if I had the soundsystem to go along with it.

No comments: