Sunday, May 16, 2004

It's good to get out of the house. Maybe that's why things could get a little trying at work -- it's not so much about the music as it is about being in one place for a long time. And rifling through so much music makes you ultra-conscious about how much time has passed. Fortunately, Junior Boys play at Wavelength tomorrow, and this should chop up the evening nicely.

Orbital -- The Saint
Brighter Death Now -- Live Leipzig, Aug 6, 2003
Broken Social Scene -- Beehives
SLEEP: Glenn Branca -- Symphony No. 2, Comsat Angels -- Sleep No More, GYBE -- Live Amsterdam April 18, 2002; Stephan Matthieu and Ekkehard Ehlers -- Heroin. That's about five and a half hours of stuff on Winamp's random play. There was a lot of Comsat Angels as I was going to sleep, and live MFer=redeemer as I was waking up (read : forcefully woken up). "Heroin" is the best thing either man has done.
Bochum Welt -- Module 2
Depeche Mode -- Live in Paris 1993. This may be the show where "Devotional" concert film was taken (DM seem to like using Paris concerts for commercial release). I still feel guilty about not seeing them on this tour, and hearing incredible concerts like this only enforces that. While rocking my ass, of course.
Landing -- Centrefuge ep
Doldrums -- Desk Trickery
Neil Landstrumm -- Live at Tonic (Toronto). Taken from the radio. How did I miss this (the performance and the broadcast)?
Spacemen 3 -- For All the Fucked Up Children of the World, We Give You Spacemen 3. I thought I had some of these demos on other CD's, but I was wrong! These versions are vastly different from what was recorded and performed live later on. And that's no complaint.
Scott Walker -- Tilt.
Black Dice -- Miles of Smiles
Masonna -- Noksl in Ana
(two hours of me spinning techno, with the occasional dose of noise)
At this point, my brain was melting from all the wierdness and loudness of the previous four hours, not to mention the musical cabin fever I mentioned at the beginning. Strange, there was no such feeling while spinning, but as soon as I stopped and continued with the end of Masonna, it came back, and I craved an interlude of relative quiet, however small. Which let to:
Sigur Ros -- Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do

No comments: