Monday, October 26, 2020

Diary of Musical Thoughts Podcast Episode 43

"Munich Mix June 2019" -- 61 minutes 

https://www.mixcloud.com/bruiserfs/munich-mix-june-2019/

I recorded this mix sixteen months ago because I wanted something new to listen to during a trip to Munich.  After returning home, I intended to fix and improve on some parts of the mix, but never did.  I finally revisited the mix after all this time and decided -- after all that waiting -- to simply post it as-is.  

There are a few blips in the middle third and I'm not sure the old school section at the end really fits but this is what we have.

The pandemic has thrown countless people off of their routine.  That is one reason why my podcasts have fallen by the wayside -- a trivial thing of little consequence in the grand scheme of things, but still something I very much enjoy doing.  

I have always said that this blog is about more than writing.  It can cover the full spectrum of whatever I am doing in music.  I recently invested in a new DJ controller, which is my first major music hardware purchase in well over a decade.  I finally decided to step up my game -- and DJing just became a lot more fun.  

This is the most significant (and time consuming) offline music-related activity that I have been doing lately.  I wish I had more time to work on my mixing skills but I do what I can.  It was time to clear out the backlog before I start posting "new era" mixes.  Stay tuned.    

No comments: