Friday, January 13, 2012

Diary of Musical Thoughts Podcast Episode 7, A 2011 mix

I've been making year-end mixes for the past few years, but this is the first time I've posted any of them anywhere. And now that Mixcloud has gotten rid of the 100 MB size limit, I'm going to be using them as my platform for posting mixes in the near future.

I like these year-end mixes to have a decent flow to them, which I have to map out the track selection and ordering fairly precisely, contrary to my usual preferred method of making mixes. The idea is to fit in a bunch of different styles of music, and go beyond my known favourite albums and songs, i.e. not to take just the best tracks from my top ten lists or whatever. It's more of a "what music sounded like to me in 2011" mix.

Tracklist info is in the comments, and on the mixcloud page!

1 comment:

Barry said...

M83, Intro (ft. Zola Jesus)
I Break Horses, Winter Beats
Ladytron, Ambulances
Low, Try to Sleep
Sun Araw, Crown Shell
Motion Sickness of Time Travel, Day Glow
Tim Hecker, Sketch 1
Leyland Kirby, No Longer Distance Than Death
Wolves in the Throne Room, Prayer of Transformation
Prurient, Many Jewels Surround the Crown
Panda Bear, Drone
Modeselektor, Green Light Go
Lady Gaga, The Edge of Glory
Paul Woolford and Psychatron, Stolen
Death In Vegas, Lightning Bolt
PJ Harvey, Written on the Forehead