Thursday, November 11, 2004

Disappointment ... I was supposed to see Black Dice and Animal Collective tonight, but when I got to the venue I learned that Black Dice cancelled. I went with the second leg of a lose/lose situation and chose to go home. Despite reading a few articles about them over the last couple of months, I had purposely avoided hearing Animal Collective's music. Sometimes I enjoy going into a show "cold", and this was one of those times. So, it was either throw money at a different show from the one I paid to see in order to see a band that I'd never heard, or go home and save the money for something else. I had been hugely looking forward to seeing Black Dice, and that's what mattered in the end. That, and the fact that I am poor and could use that money for other things (like the Gold Chains show next week!). Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go download some Animal Collective and progress toward my inevitable regret about passing up seeing a lauded band whose live shows have an excellent reputation.

No comments: