Saturday, March 27, 2004

Eighteen hours later, and I'm back again sitting at the same desk, having not left the building since returning from the Kraftwerk concert, which now seems like it happened several weeks ago, if at all. Strangely, I am less tired now than I was this morning, when I wrote the blurb above about the Kraftwerk show. I have little recollection of what I wrote, and in fact I am rather afraid to read it for fear of fainting from embarrassment at what must be some of the most incoherent and hazy sentences that have ever appeared on these pages.

I've got an eye on an experiment and two ears getting blasted to bit by various live mayhem courtesy of Spacemen 3 and Fennesz. When I feel the need to kill time even more blatantly, I head over to $0u1$33k to check on my newest acquisitions and to browse through other people's files. I never have to get out of my chair ever again. Half of the fun of going to other people's houses is to browse their CD collection. Now I can uncover countless musical identities from the comfort of my own home. No more must two people go through the trouble of talking to each other and making plans to meet in order for such a private viewing to take place ... I don't need permission (except from the firewall) and the person doesn't have to be home. It's the musical peeping tom! What could be better?

I think I need to sleep.

No comments: