Thursday, October 26, 2000

This weeks' purchase of Jeff Mills' "Live at the Liquid Room, Tokyo" was both elating and deflating for me. Elating because it is FREAKING AWESOME as our hero slams through the techno equivalent of the world's biggest gangbang with an incredible 38 tracks packed into 70 breathless minutes. Deflating because I clearly remember when this album was released *five* years ago. I remember thinking about buying it. Sometimes I had other musical priorities and would forget look for it and when I did remember it was always too expensive or some other excuse. I always kept my eyes open for his DJ appearances, and was finally all set to see him in January 1999 before a brutal snowstorm prevented me from doing it. I have yet to see Jeff Mills live. And now, even though I have his Axis compilations, even though I own a sick amount of minimalism, I willingly deprived myself of this album for five years.