Monday, December 30, 2013

Diary of Musical Thoughts Podcast Episode 16

"The irony-emphasizing quotation marks underline the mix's futility" - 107 minutes.

For my last post of the year, here is my latest mix. I was originally looking to put together something stylistically similar to Podcast Ep. 6, i.e. a mix of short, semi-radio friendly songs for a lazy afternoon with a dash of weirdness thrown in.  I started gathering tracks from rarely listened to CD's in my collection and ... realized that the mix was shaping up to be something completely different from that.  I ended up with a long list of songs that I wanted to revisit in some fashion, and invested quite a bit of time trying to come up with a track order and ideas for forcing them all together into the same mix.

The mix was recorded in one take and besides some simple mastering, it's completely unaltered from the original take.  Despite a few mistakes and imperfections, I decided to leave it alone and enjoy it as is.  I hope you do too, and bye until 2014.





1 comment:

Barry said...

Minit, Now Right Here, Staubgold
SDC Marquardt, Untitled
Klangwart, I/O (edit), Staubgold
Eluvium, Nighmare Variation, Temporary Residence Limited
Fennesz, Chateau Rouge, emd.pl/records
Roger Sanchez, Leavin', Defected
Deee-Lite, D.M.T. (Supa DJ Dmitry & DJ Silver Remix), Elektra
Inner Space, Araqua, Volume
The Mole People, Break Night, Strictly Rhythm
K.Lakizz & Trike, Suppress, Sender Records
Playboy, In Da Jungle (Remix Pascal F.E.O.S), Urban Sound of Amsterdam/Raum
Radio Slave, Grindhouse (Dubfire Terror Planet Remix), Rekids
Radio Slave, Grindhouse (Terrence Fixmer Remix), Rekids
Covenant, Flux, Off Beat
Adem, Human Beings Gather 'Round, Domino
LKWRM, Tribute 2000
Vivian Girls, Where Do You Run To, Mauled By Tigers
The Mekons, Beaten and Broken at Garage D'or, Reachout International Records
Matt Elliott, Desamparado (Ici D'Ailleurs)
Winter Family, Auschwitz, Sub Rosa