Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Diary of Musical Thoughts Podcast Episode 13

"The mix uses a counterintuitive sequence of light pulses" Running time: 47:00 I submitted this mix for Little White Earbuds' podcast competition. Being pressed for time, it didn't turn out as well as it could have but it was fun to make, I enjoyed the experience of recording and submitting my work, and learned more about recording and mastering a mix properly (which I will put to good use in the future. Of course I didn't win anything -- no complaints there, considering the amazing quality of the winning mix   -- but like I said, it was a fun thing to do. It's not so much of a dance-y mix (especially compared to last year's outstanding winning mix by 2toomanygays, but the second place mix in '11 was also full of creative hops between genres and had a downtempo, somewhat tacked on ending, and this year's winning mix by Stewart Brown also shared some of those qualities.

No comments: