Monday, August 06, 2001

To hell with mood-altering medications. Prozac -- whatever. The new in-drug is : Senor Coconut. Today, my own crappy mood was lifted by the good Senor and his Kraftwerk covers. It wasn't immediate, however. Moods can't be lifted at the snapping of one's fingers, just like you can't expect a frown to turn upside down at the sight of a clown and a sock puppet. Especially with me, because I consider myself almost immune to anything too outwardly happy or cheesy. So I almost turned off the CD when "Showroom Dummies" started up, for I assumed myself to be in no mood for any novelties. But there I was, thirty minutes later, grooving around the room to "Tour de France". Even now, I can barely believe that I fell for this. It's like hearing the punchline to a joke you've heard a dozen times, but being surprised at the end and laughing anyway. Senor Coconut vastly improved my day. Be happy!!