Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Pazz and Jop 2005 -- the (underwhelming?) aftermath

The discussion seemed a bit muted, in part because the P&J results seemed to ressemble a million other year-end lists. I've been firmly in the "anybody but MIA" camp for some time now (repeated trips to Flow 93.5 events to hear the truly mind-warping beats of some contemporary reggae has done even more to convince me of the unremarkableness of MIA's music), so there's not much I feel like complaining about -- not to mention the fact that they used one of my comments! I also finished near the bottom in Glenn Mcdonald's critical alignment ratings, which was a pleasant surprise considering my top tens were a bit more mainstream than in recent years. And Simon Reynolds offered some befuddling food for thought on his blog, which I enjoyed even though I'm still not sure what nu-rockism is.

No comments: