Friday, December 31, 2004

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 18:24:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: Barry Bruner
To: Emily Bruner
Subject: whirlpools of sound


Hi Emily,

It's been a while so I wanted to write to see how things were going.
...
A very exciting time for me musically, because I'm polishing up my list of the top 30 CD's of the decade. I've been working on this for 7 months! Not continuously, of course, but I had a shortlist that I would examine and tinker with from time to time and now it's just about ready. I set myself a deadline of October 31, which I plan to meet. Around the same time, I want to post the list on my web site. Now, my web site is as rudimetary as you can get, but I've spent some time lately in trying to learn HTML and I've been planning to constuct a music section of the site that will have an archive of top 10 lists from past years, and likely some selected music writings from my ever-growing music journal. Maybe I'll post concert reviews when I go to gigs ...


Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 15:46:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: emily b.
To: Barry Bruner
Subject: whirlpools of coincidence

Barry,
...
That's an interesting idea you've had about the top 30 CDs. I'd like to see your website...heh, don't worry about HTML, i'm sure you have enough interesting text to fill it out. One of my all-time favourite cure sites has almost no fancy graphics, and is just pure interesting infomation...it's tres cool: [link to now-defunct geocities site, which actually might have turned into Chain of Flowers, my memory fails me, but perhaps Emily remembers]
...

That was how it started. More than five years later, finally, a continuation.

No comments: