Friday, November 12, 2004

Crazy Coincidence!!! No really! I just finished reading "I Wanna Be Sedated" by local writerfolk heroes Phil Dellio and Scott Woods (funny, I even got about 70 % of the jokes. I think. It's hard to know you've missed a joke if you can't even recognize the jokes). This left me with a hankering for George McCrae's "Rock Your Baby", which I haven't heard in so many years. Downloading happened, song was heard, and what a great song it is ... then I queued up the new (as yet unreleased Low album, which I have been loving for the past couple of weeks, btw) and guess what? The song "Broadway (So Many People)" sounds just like "Rock Your Body"! Honestly! You can hum George's melody on top of Alan and Mimi's! Try it for yourself!!

The Low album just may be their best ... easily their best set of mantras a la "Lullaby" from ten long years ago, as in two chord snarling monsters, distorted and amped up with blinding intensity. And some lovely soft tunes too.

No comments: