Tuesday, February 01, 2000

I finally landed the single "House Music", by Eddie Amador. I've spent a good year and a half looking for it, ever since hearing the white label for the first time in a Montreal club. And when I asked the DJ for the name of that incredible house record, I was more than a little shocked at the response. Because it takes a lot of audacity to title a record "House Music". There's a record called "Techno Music", by Model 500, and techno music (the genre) was named after it. Wayne Gretzky had to be pretty damn good to earn the nickname "The Great One". What made Eddie Amador, then a relative unknown, think he had any justifiable claim to the title "House Music"? Now, I say I was shocked at the title, but of course I'd already heard the record, so I knew how well the shoe fit.